Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Can I do the Master Cleanse with just 1 kidney?

I keep reading that the master cleanse helps to clean your organs...but there are others who disagree and tell me I am putting muself at risk..of course they are not doctors. Can someone with real knowledge of this cleanse please tell me if they think I could be hurting my only kidney by doing this cleanse? I want to go the full 40 days. I am 28 and 250 pounds. Either way I am unhealthy...I am doing this to help clean toxins at the same time lose weight. Any thoughts on this?Can I do the Master Cleanse with just 1 kidney?
Definitely consult your health care practitioner. This cleanse is quite radical.





You could try just eating fresh fruit (or the juice) in the mornings to flush out excess toxins (and thus lose weight). All you need to do is eat only fruit until lunchtime. It's a good and healthy way to detoxify and lose weight. Don't overeat on bananas - one a day is enough. Otherwise eat as much fruit as you like in the mornings.Can I do the Master Cleanse with just 1 kidney?
Speak to your physician! Don't do something stupid!
The body already has the ability to remove harmful toxins from its system naturally. The liver and kidneys can remove some toxins within minutes and most within 48-hours of entering your body. Simply flushing the liver and kidneys with water and juices will not speed up the body’s natural detoxification processes. The conclusion: submitting yourself to the misery of an intense detox “therapy” will not improve your body’s detoxification processes. It turns out that you are better off just sticking to a well balanced diet all the time.





You can read more here, as well as watch the BBC’s The Truth About Food detoxification diet test here:


http://www.glamouredited.com/diet/detox_…





Hope this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment